The NLSA referee academy aims to fast track promising young referees to regional level and above, and have them officiate at Challenge Cup/ Jubilee level as soon as possible.
In addition the academy aims to identify talented individuals for the national development stream.
- Under 25
- Refereeing at senior level
- Willing to commit to training/ education sessions (50% attendance mandatory to remain in program)
- Achieving or surpassing minimum fitness standards
Nomination/ application/ invitations
- Nominations from senior referees, assessors, associations (open at any time)
- By invitation only, applications reviewed by referee committee
- Training (pre-season, on field)
- education sessions
- regular de-briefs (use instructors, assessors, senior referees, former nationals)
- mentoring and coaching
- 4th official assignments for CC/ JT
Thanks to Trevor Wragg for permission to use his photographs.